Raken at Autodesk University and Connect & Construct 2019
Next week, the Raken crew will be heading to Las Vegas for Autodesk University and the preconference Connect & Construct Summit. This week long event brings together construction professionals of all types to network, exhibit, and learn from industry experts. We are honored to have Raken representatives speaking at both events. The sessions are inspired by two of our favorite 80s movies, so they will not only be educational but also lots of fun! We hope to see you there!
Connect & Construct
On Monday, November 18, from 3:30 to 4:30 PM, Raken’s Director of Product, Stan Singh, will be giving a presentation entitled Navigating the Project of Doom with Indiana Jones. This session discusses project management, data collection, and communication.
Although you may not know how to outrun giant boulders or wrangle snakes by the end of this class, you should walk away from this session knowing how to:
- Identify communication breakdowns, and use them as an opportunity to arm your field with the resources they need to transmit good data back to the office.
- Estimate and track project progress in real-time, without having to micromanage.
- Minimize delays, accidents, and project setbacks by anticipating potential problems.
- Recognize different skill sets and utilize the unique capabilities of each.
- Create a more efficient communication process for the field and office with tips on how to gain buy-in along the way.
On Wednesday, November 20, from 4:30 to 5:30 PM, Raken’s CEO and Founder, Kyle Slager, is leading a session called Never Say Die: Building Your Team of Goonies. This class focuses on techniques that can be used to attract, maintain, and lead the best crews.
Much like Mikey of the Goonies, a great leader of a construction company leads by example and with enthusiasm. After participating in this session, attendees should be able to:
- Create a repeatable recruiting, retention, and leadership process for their company.
- Outline best practices in creating and maintaining a healthy company culture
- Differentiate between leadership and management with the benefits of each.
- Assess which tools will give a company an edge in attracting high-quality employees.
Whether you attend Connect & Construct, Autodesk University, or both, there will be plenty of opportunities to gain insight into the state of the industry and learn more about the future of construction. It’s going to be a great week!