By Stephanie | Posted on
If you're a site superintendent working for a general contractor, and your company just signed up for Raken's Performance plan, congratulations! Your workflow is about to get a whole lot easier. To make the most of Raken's premium features, like the Super Daily, its important to get your subcontractors familiar with the app, as they get free collaborator access with the Performance plan. You might be thinking, "but my subs never use the software we implement!" Well, that's all about to change. Raken isn't just any old construction software. In fact, its the easiest-to-use, most intuitive construction app on the market - and your subs will get the hang of it in less than a day. Just follow these steps for onboarding subcontractors to Raken, and they'll be submitting dailies through Raken in no time.
First things first. You have to add your subs to your project as collaborators, so they can have access and start getting work done.
- Open your project on the Raken Web App.
- Click on the "Project Members" tab in the bottom left of the screen in the gray bar.
- Click the green "+ Members" button in the top right.
- Use the "+ Outside Collaborators" button to add subcontractors.
- Type in the email address of the collaborator you'd like to invite. If they have used Raken before, their name and company will fill in automatically. Otherwise, type in their name and company.
- Repeat for any additional collaborators you wish to invite and click the 'Send' button.
- The newly added users will be sent an email asking them to join your project inside Raken.
When they receive that email, they will be prompted through the steps to sign up.
- Open the Welcome email from Raken and click the "Let's Get Started" button.
- Create and confirm a password for the account.
- Enter personal information.
- If they are the first person from their company to be invited to Raken they must fill out the company information.
- Once your account is set up, be sure to download the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store for access on the go!
When they're signed up and ready to go, they need to learn how to use the app and what you expect from them.
Although Raken is pretty simple to navigate, you need to make sure that your subs are understanding the app, and what they are meant to do with it. Otherwise, they'll probably will end up logging out and forgetting about Raken, and we don't want that to happen. If you are already familiar with the app, you can help oboard them by showing them how to write and submit dailies to you. However, if you're also new, you can set up an onboarding demo* with Raken's Customer Success team, and get a proper training on how to utilize Raken's features.
*To set up your training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to interactive training with Raken's Customer Success team, we offer a series of useful videos that can help your subs learn more about submitting dailies and answering surveys in Raken.
The Raken website is filled with useful information that can help both you and your subs use the app efficiently. Our resources tab has blog posts (like this one!), videos, case studies, and more, that can educate collaborators on Raken's features and functionalities. After onboarding subcontractors to Raken, you can sit back, relax, and never chase a sub down for dailies again.