Top 5 Construction Management Blogs
These days, it seems that everyone has a blog. The construction industry is no exception, with blog topics ranging from job opportunities to changing legislation. But are any of these construction blogs worth checking out? Below are a few of the better industry ones out there.
5. RakenThe company that produces daily reporting software hosts a blog on its website that features articles about construction industry trends, news, educational opportunities, regional job openings, technological breakthroughs, and more.
4. ConstructionomicsUsing roving and guest bloggers, this site covers topics ranging from getting clients to pay up to the advantages of green roofing in urban areas. Interesting for its sometimes international perspective. Subscribers can get streaming newsfeeds and technical tips sent directly to their computers. http://www.constructonomics.com/blog/
3. Federal Construction Contracting BlogIf your firm is in construction long enough, the odds are good that you'll be working on a job for the Federal government, on anything from athletic fields to bridges. But will you be able to navigate your way through the reams of paperwork that comes with such jobs? This site features trending legal news ranging from document access to obtaining sureties, and gives readers tips on dealing with federal contracts, small business claims, and more. http://federalconstruction.phslegal.com/
2. Construction Informer Would you like to hear and see your construction news in addition to reading it? In addition to having traditionally formatted web articles, this site features regular podcasts and videos. Topics discussed here range from equipment telemantics (monitoring equipment remotely), to business risk management, to equipment leasing, to the pros and cons of building tornado proof housing. Site also offers reviews of seasonal products as well as links. http://constructioninformer.com/
1. Construction Marketing AssociationThis national professional association also offers occasional webcasts on its construction blogs, in addition to traditional breaking industry news items. This is a good site to go to for surveys, as well as information on upcoming trade shows and expositions, as well as qualifying information for industry accolades, such as the National Silver Hard Hat award. The site also offers other resources, such as links to continuing education and training, tips on sharing marketing resources, and a extensive site database that features blog archives, databases, and white papers. The CMA blog also sponsors a marketing mentor program on its site. Users can access YouTube and various social media sites for marketing purposes from here as well. http://www.constructionmarketingassociation.org/blog/#.VXsvcVJRGih