Choosing the Right Certified Payroll Partner for Your Construction Business
This is a guest blog post contributed by Points North.
If you’re performing work for government clients (like federal, state, or municipal) and need to pay and report prevailing wages, having the right certified payroll service provider will make your job easier. Whether you already have one (or you’re just starting to look), there are a number of factors you should consider before choosing a solution. Here’s our guide to help you choose the best certified payroll reporting service for your company.
Top traits to look for in a certified payroll reporting service:
10 features to look for in a certified payroll solution:
- Ease of use. Once set up, your payroll system should save you time and money.
- An Application Programming Interface (API). Or, at least, a quick and easy file-based integration with your payroll platform.
- Years of experience, and thousands of happy clients.
- An experienced, responsive, and effective customer support team.
- A team that will identify any form changes, and make updates automatically. Preferably, your solution would update revised forms at the federal, state or municipal level.
- The ability to store and manage prevailing wage rates. Bonus points if they can do this for multiple projects, job classifications, employees, and locations.
- Manages fringe rates, in addition to prevailing wages.
- Unlimited data storage. Cloud storage will help you retain all reports indefinitely—and create a clean, accurate record of your payroll.
- Emails reports right from the platform. With multiple distribution lists for different projects, you’ll save even more time if emailing reports is easy.
- Exports your time and attendance data—without manual entry.
When selecting a payroll vendor, carefully look through all the features they provide. Each company is unique—and so are their needs. Choose a company that can fulfill your requirements in a given budget, and has experience dealing with processing tasks that you need now or later.
Interested in a reliable certified payroll partner?
Check out Points North. (We integrate with Raken, too.)