Construction Safety Trends and Best Practices
See how construction safety improved on jobsites in 2020—and how you can prepare yours for years to come.
Download a Copy
Table of Contents
1. Safety in construction
In this section, we give an overview of why safety in construction is so important. We cover construction's "Fatal Four":
- Struck by object
- Caught in/between equipment or objects
By eliminating the Fatal Four, hundreds of lives would be saved every year. Proper jobsite safety also protects the public—and even your company.
2. Safety stats from 2020
Next, we take a closer look at what Raken features customers use most. Not surprisingly, safety features came out on top.
- 24.9 million photos, videos and documents were uploaded in Raken
- The most popular Toolbox Talk was "3 Types of Poor Housekeeping Hazards"
- The most used Safety Checklist template was "COVID-19 Inspection"
Because all these photos, videos, and safety documents are stored online, accurate historical data is easy to find. Another benefit of this? Improved communication between the field and office.
3. Jobsite safety and COVID-19
We then look at the COVID-19 pandemic-and how it affected construction documentation.
From February to March 2020, we saw Raken customers:
- Complete 5% more Daily Reports
- Give 18% more Toolbox Talks
- Submit 31% more Time Cards
COVID-19 made documentation an even higher priority. Not only were there more rules and protocol to follow, but documentation also helped companies navigate this uncertain time. With it, companies had solid evidence to show how they were affected by unforeseen circumstances-and better protect themselves from legal action.
4. Three tools to improve your safety and compliance
Lastly, we discuss three major ways you can improve safety on the jobsite:
- Digital daily reports: By including time-stamped photos and weather conditions alongside notes, safety is better documented on a daily basis.
- Toolbox talks: With bulk scheduling and digital attendance tracking, digital toolbox talks make safety training and documentation a breeze.
- Safety checklists: With digital checklists, there's instant communication. Safety can be consistently monitored, and crews save time because they can complete checklists on the go with mobile access.
Raken has all these features and more. The right technology helps construction jobsites to be safer places—while also saving you time and frustration.
Ready to improve jobsite safety with Raken?
More content we think you’ll like: